Use the Adapt – Marketo integration to export leads from Adapt to your Marketo account. Rest API Key, Client Id and Client Secret are needed to connect your Adapt account with Marketo.
To retrieve the Client Id and Client Secret, you’ll need to create custom service in your Marketo account. Here’s how you do it:
1. In your Marketo account, go to the Admin section and click on Users & Roles, on the left bar.
2. Click on the Roles tab (on top) and hit New Role.
3. In the Create New Role lightbox, type in a Role Name and go to Permissions (third box below). Check the option Access API and press Create.
4. Now go to the Users tab and click on Invite New User. Enter Name, Email address and click on Next. Select the newly created role and tick the checkbox API Only. Click Next. In the end, click on the Send button.
5. You’ll now be required to create a custom application. Go to Admin → LaunchPoint and create a New Service.
6. In the lightbox, enter a name and select Custom under the Service drop-down list. Enter a description of your choice and select the newly invited user. Hit Create to exit the lightbox and click on View Details to retrieve the Client Id and Client Secret needed for your Adapt – Marketo integration.
7. To find the Rest API Key, go to Admin → Web Services and you’ll find it within the Rest API section. It’s the series of characters displayed under End Point as shown in the example below:
This concludes the steps in retrieving the Rest API Key, Client Id and Client Secret for the Adapt – Marketo integration. Return to your Adapt account, go to My Leads section, select the leads and click on the Export option, then paste the three code in the Marketo application box, and hit Export to complete the integration.